Key Stage One topics
He's behind you! Pantomime workshops
Key Stage 1
Explore the magical narrative of some of pantomime's most famous stories. From Jack & the Beanstalk to Aladdin, or Cinderella and Peter Pan, we've got lots of favourites to choose from - just let us know if you have a particular favourite you'd like us to cover!
Through the workshop, the children will:
- Bring the stories to life through role-play and improvisation
- Practise confident solo speaking
- Sing a fun and upbeat pantomime-style song
Key Stage 2
Learn about the tradition of pantomime and the art melodrama as we explore this form of dramatic entertainment using one of the most famous pantomime narratives, Jack & the Beanstalk.
Throughout the workshop the children will:
- Learn to navigate the stage and practise some classic actor training techniques
- Improvise scenes from Jack & the Beanstalk
- Create adverts for their local pantomime
- Consider how they might develop a character