Key Stage One topics
Written from an actor’s perspective, this workshop focuses on Romeo and Juliet or A Midsummer's Night Dream to reveal Shakespeare's legacy and why he is still relevant today.
* learn the types of plays Shakespeare wrote and the key differences between a comedy, tragedy and a history play
* discover how to orientate around a professional stage with training in Stage Left, Stage Right, Up Stage, Down Stage and Centre Stage
* freeze-frame iconic scenes of each play
* learn the difference between Iambic Pentameter and Catalectic Trochaic Tetrameter
* play the Cue Feeding game to discover how actors learnt their lines back in the day
* learn and rehearse a specially written song based on one of the plays.
NB. For the KS2 version Shakespeare workshops, please click here.