Key Stage One topics
Written from an actor’s perspective, this workshop focuses on Romeo and Juliet or A Midsummer's Night Dream to reveal Shakespeare's legacy and why he is still relevant today.
* learn the types of plays Shakespeare wrote and the key differences between a comedy, tragedy and a history play
* discover how to orientate around a professional stage with training in Stage Left, Stage Right, Up Stage, Down Stage and Centre Stage
* freeze-frame iconic scenes of each play
* learn the difference between Iambic Pentameter and Catalectic Trochaic Tetrameter
* play the Cue Feeding game to discover how actors learnt their lines back in the day
* learn and rehearse a specially written song based on one of the plays.
To speak audibly and fluently with an increasing command of standard English.
To participate in role play.
NB. For the KS2 version Shakespeare workshops, please click here.