Key Stage Two topics
World War II
Air raids, rationing, evacuees and life on the home front. We take your class back to a time of true British austerity and discover the impact of the Second World War on the average family.
* Learn why and when WW2 started and who was involved
* Create freeze frames of important key facts
* Be 'evacuated' through improvisation and role play
* Sing and dance The Lambeth Walk song
* Learn about rationing and what to do in an air raid
To understand some of the causes of World War One.
To recognise what life was like for soldiers and children during the war.
To understand an aspect of history beyond 1066.
NB. For the KS1 version of this workshop, please click here.