Key Stage Two topics
Come on a journey with us around the globe, and beyond, to meet some of the most iconic explorers of our time!
* Be introduced to a number of iconic explorers and learn why their discoveries helped shape history
* Recreate the story of Christopher Columbus and his discovery of America through drama techniques, such as freeze-frame and role play
* Learn the ‘Sir Francis Drake’ rap
* Create an advert to help recruit explorers to join the 1953 expedition to climb Mount Everest, led by explorer, Sir Edmund Hillary
* Partake in role play conversations between Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin
To identify and discuss influential people within living memory.