Keeping your child safe
We've always put children at the heart of what we do so we're keen to help your child back to the real world of laughter, fun and social interactions. But of course, it goes without saying that their safety and security are paramount at all times.
Following advice from Public Health England and the Department of Education, we've adapted our classes to meet the latest government guidelines while preserving all the benefits of confidence-building fun and developing social skills that are the hallmark of our success. So you can relax knowing our classes are as safe as we can possibly make them.
All of our producers are paediatric first aid trained and have received full training in order to follow the procedures in our Covid Safe classes. From adjustments to class numbers to risk assessments, PPE, first aid and activity changes, we have left no stone unturned.
Equally, we are committed to ensuring that Perform is still fun, energetic and inspirational. We've put a huge amount of effort into adapting our class content to ensure that the children can still sing, dance, act and have the best fun of the week as they normally do. There may not be handholding games but there will still be lots of eye contact, funky moves, fantastic diction and learning about how to be a great friend.
What will change?
- Parents will not enter the venues, and we will operate non-contact signing in and out of the classes
- Staggered class times allowing for time to disinfect between
- Regular handwashing/use of hand sanitiser
- Social distancing and non-contact rules will be in place
What won't change?
- The warmth, professionalism and friendliness of our staff
- The delivery of the Perform 4 Cs (Confidence, Communication, Concentration and Coordination)
- The joy your child will get from their Perform class
Feel free to call us if you have any questions and visit perform.org.uk/covid full details of the changes we're making to our classes.