To receive a Gold Challenge Award, a child must demonstrate:
- good diction, projection and an expressive voice;
- broadly good vocal intonation and the ability to sing in time with the musical accompaniment;
- energy when performing a self-choreographed dance;
- an interesting vocabulary, good listening skills and eye contact in conversation;
- an ability to present simple creative ideas.
During the assessment, the child may be asked to do any of the following:
- Recite Poem 2 from memory;
- Sing Song 1 or 2 with musical accompaniment;
- Perform a self-choreographed dance to music. This should be rehearsed at home and last no more than one minute (if your child needs their own recorded music, please bring this on a device such as a phone so that it can be connected to the Challenger's speaker);
- Introduce themselves with a short speech including their name, age and likes and dislikes (giving reasons why).
Please note that class themed Resources are available here.