To receive a Platinum Challenge Award, a child must demonstrate:
- good diction, projection and a range of expression;
- consistently good vocal intonation and the ability to sing sensitively and in time with the musical accompaniment;
- energy, coordination and rhythm when performing a creative self-choreographed dance;
- an imaginative vocabulary, fluency, good listening skills and eye contact when speaking and in conversation.
During the assessment, the child may be asked to do any of the following:
- Recite Poems 2 & 3 from memory;
- Sing Songs 2 & 3 with musical accompaniment;
- Perform a self-choreographed dance to music. This should be rehearsed at home and last no more than one minute (please bring the music on CD or on an mp3 player with standard stereo audio output);
- Introduce themselves with a short speech including their name, age and likes and dislikes (giving reasons why);
- Talk for two minutes on their favourite Perform character (giving reasons why).