To receive a Gold Challenge Award, a child must demonstrate:
- good diction, projection and an expressive voice;
- broadly good vocal intonation and the ability to sing in time with the musical accompaniment;
- energy when performing a self-choreographed dance;
- an interesting vocabulary, good listening skills and eye contact in conversation;
- an ability to present simple creative ideas.
During the assessment, the child may be asked to do any of the following:
- Recite Poem 2 from memory;
- Sing Song 1 or 2 with musical accompaniment;
- Perform a self-choreographed dance to music. This should be rehearsed at home and last no more than one minute (please bring the music on CD or on an mp3 player with standard stereo audio output);
- Introduce themselves with a short speech including their name, age and likes and dislikes (giving reasons why).